Friday 19 October 2007

Miramar Restaurant, Plaza Carlos Ibanez, 3

Friday Oct 19

This was an unusual experience for my brother and myself. I have often been to the Miramar bar/cafe that sits above this restaurant and often thought it would be interesting to try the restaurant, as its open at night and overlooks the same great view that the bar/cafe enjoys.

Getting a table wasn't difficult, which was a good start. Very attentive service with about three or four different attendants scuttling around the table, of course, then start thinking maybe they have high prices to match the decor, view and amount of service. A quick read of the menus showed this was the case, with starters averaging around 18-26 Euros and main courses (strangely) about the same. A quick bit of math made me realise if I had a starter and a main here, that would be the same as a whole weeks menu del dias. Not good. Then a quick read of the wine list proved similar, cheapest bottle being 18 Euros.

Both my brother and myself decided on just a main course and this is where the fun really started. I went for a lamb dish and my brother went for a scallops dish. When the plates were put before us, I've got to admit I laughed out loud - I couldn't help it. The plate my brother had consisted of a tiny bit of froth with an even tinier bit of scallop under it - and nada mas! I think my exact words were "Unlucky bruv!"
My lamb dish was just that, lamb in a sauce, with nothing else accompanying it.

Later on, whilst waiting for the taxi, someone there described it as 'sofisticado' - I know what they mean!

Rating out of ten: 6 (for comedy)

No comments: